Well, to start off with a finished object, I finished the Happy Feet socks. They are too loosely knit, uncomfortable, and sure to have holes in no time, and I am severely disappointed. In a flash of rage I drowned them in hot water and threw them in the dryer on high heat with a towel, doubtfully hoping to shrink them at least a little.
Going to go by the gauge recommended in this amazing book, and no longer by what the pattern says when making socks. The only socks I've made with a fine enough gauge my sister has, and her husband threw them in the dryer on her, and they're a bit snug on her now. Geez, man. Holding out hope for the Sunday Swing I'm currently working on. And so begins the WIP's...
Sunday Swing socks (almost to heel of sock 2)
Garter cowl for my aunt (which is moving along nicely)
My son's socks are still waiting patiently for me to feel like continuing working on them....as is that mitten... Poor thrummed mitten that I want so desperately on those bustop walks, but that I have lost interest in knitting...
So today, started Shroom for myself in some lovely and soft yarn (I couldn't help myself. You should see the god-awful hats I've been wearing to the bustop!)
Stay tuned for pictures of FO's and the beginning of those socks for hubby in the dreamy Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock. (can't wait til it gets here!)